The controller is responsible for ensuring proper administration of budget results and inventory control on all Marine Hotel Purchases. It gives operational reviews to individual budgets and all shipboard revenue centres concerning the general control of the Hotel Department.
Major responsibilities are:
- Taking a physical inventory is taken of all bar inventory.
- Storing all hotel purchases in the designated loading ports
- Performing quality and quantity spot checks for food cost, production control, spoilage control and inventory control.
- Input of all budget results per voyage with all sales figures, food- /general supply costs
- monitoring storeroom inventory control